Proven Defense for California Employers Accused of Serious and Willful Misconduct
Competent counsel from veteran attorneys
Karasoff & Associates, P.C. represents self-insured employers, third-party administrators and insurers accused of serious and willful misconduct in California. With more than 100 years of combined experience, the firm's attorneys work together as a team to assess the strengths and weaknesses of every case. Clients are presented with options that serve their best interests, not the firm's.
Precise assessment of liability in every case
California Labor Code Section 4550-4558 requires that employers whose "serious and willful misconduct" leads to the injury or illness of an employee are responsible for compensating that employee. Serious and willful misconduct claims may be made if:
- The injury results in death
- The injury results in permanent disability (70 percent or more)
- The injury is caused by the failure of the employer to comply with any provision of law, or any safety order of the Division of Occupational Safety and Health, with reference to the safety of places of employment
- The injured employee is under 16 years of age at the time of injury
Because these claims are uninsurable, the employers are responsible for paying serious and willful misconduct awards themselves.
Karasoff & Associates, P.C. has successfully defended employers against accusations of serious and willful misconduct for years. The firm's attorneys have a proven track record inside the courtroom.
Superior defense strategies created by accomplished attorneys
Karasoff & Associates is well known for its longstanding dedication to excellence in and out of the courtroom. For clients accused of serious and willful misconduct, the firm's attorneys may build a successful case by relying on:
- Legal precedent. The attorneys' extensive knowledge of California's labor laws and statutes allow them to build a strong case for current clients.
- Exceptional communication skills. Attorneys at Karasoff & Associates, P.C. are skilled communicators and negotiators. They may negotiate settlements out of court when it's more cost effective to do so.
- Efficient filing. Because companies can be fined for not filing paperwork on time, the firm's attorneys work quickly and efficiently to ensure filings are completed correctly and on time, ensuring that clients avoid penalties and fines.
A reputation for excellence acknowledged statewide
The attorneys with Karasoff & Associates, P.C. understand the complexities involved in defending California employers of labor code violations. They've been successfully defending such clients for decades. To speak with a board-certified specialist in workers compensation law, contact the firm online or call 415.273.2600.